Here at Wheelchair Travel UK (also known as Access Minibuses) we provide a
comprehensive and unique service solving the transport requirements of
wheelchair and scooter users either resident in, or visiting the UK from
From simple ‘meet and greet’ air or cruise transfers and taxi service, to self-drive hire of small, medium and large fully-accessible cars and minibuses (‘vans’ in USA). These vehicles are built and customised in our own workshops to meet the specialist needs involved.
We have 30 years experience and whereas we can, and do, transport small groups of able-bodied passengers, we specialize in the disabled traveller.
- Our transfers cover London’s Heathrow and Gatwick airports and the cruise ports of Southampton, Dover and Harwich (elsewhere on request).
- We offer adapted accessible cars and accessible minibuses on self-drive rental, giving clients the independence to explore the UK and beyond.
- We offer estate cars/wagons and hatchbacks with fully-fitted hand controls and optional left foot gas pedal.
- We can provide wheelchair accessible taxis, tours and shore excursions.
- Our experience means we can give advice on many disability related topics.
- If you do not immediately wish to read all the "blurb" just jump to the photos to get a flavour of the range our services.
For greater details please look under the various services menu at the top of the page.
We have a network of overseas agents specialising in travel for special needs
clients who have a wealth of experience in flights, accommodation and tourist
|Cannot view the
slide show for possible reasons:
To download a copy or just
view the photos in the slide shows:|
Established in 1981, Wheelchair Travel is recognised as the market leader in its field. Based in Guildford, Surrey just 28 miles (45k) from central London, 20 miles (35k) from London Heathrow airport and 25 miles (40k) from London Gatwick airport and we offer an unrivalled service to travellers who are mobility impaired.
Our clients come from all over the world and reach us
independently or through specialist travel agents. We also undertake work
for local Government as well as such companies as Cunard, Royal Caribbean,
Princess Cruises, Virgin Atlantic and British Airways.
Our service is aimed at single travellers, small groups and families who wish to ‘do their own thing’ as well as having the option of a driver/guide for a day tour – or longer perhaps. We are also able to give advice on wheelchair accessible accommodation, equipment hire, sight-seeing and getting around the UK.
Our contact details appear at the foot of every page. Our office is manned during UK office hours of 09.00 – 18.00 with a 24 hour email and answer-phone service.
Current UK Time: